What is Reveal?
Reveal is a geospatial tool which supports decision makers and intervention managers to guide and track delivery of in-field activities with precision and to hold field teams accountable for action.
Reveal uses smart maps and technology appropriate for low-resource settings to monitor coverage of interventions as they happen. Modeled on the mSpray and DiSARM tool, Reveal helps to optimize available resources and ensure no one is missed in the process. It is an approved Global Good through Digital Square.
Reveal translates ground-level reality into actionable data.
Know where people live
Failing to deliver important health interventions to all households means leaving families vulnerable to some of the world’s most threatening health concerns—like malaria and measles.
The traditional approach to intervention delivery in low-resource settings relies on field teams to locate homes on the ground, with limited ability to track whether these teams actually reach their targets. Finding homes is challenging in these settings; those in need are often in areas with no address systems and where homes are not mapped. Further, intervention managers rely on field reports to determine whether services have adequately covered all houses in need. The result? Services only reach the houses that are manually found. Studies show that, when delivering interventions without Reveal, field teams often miss a large portion (40%) of the houses they were meant to cover. In short: while reports may indicate high service coverage, the true picture shows huge swathes of the population are actually missed by field teams and excluded from coverage numbers. This challenge represents one of the greatest failures of global public health—and one which we can and must fix.
Reveal ensures equitable access to life-saving immunizations, antibiotics, and protective measures by supporting field teams in identifying where people live and what services are needed. Reveal promotes powerful analytics by combining geospatial data and context-specific planning and accountability tools to provide necessary information that ensures all families in need are found and receive services.
Make interventions smarter
Reveal uses interactive maps that can be tailored to specific country settings. This customized technology can guide and monitor progress of field campaigns. With these maps and the data collection they facilitate, access to data for decision making is more transparent and improves coverage and optimization of resources.
Guide teams accurately
Teams must be able to plan effectively, respond precisely, capture household data, and monitor progress.
Frontline workers use maps loaded in the application to guide field delivery. Intervention managers use the web-based interface to track and monitor teams, allowing for active performance monitoring and course correction in near real time.
- Map high-risk gathering points (markets, banks, etc.)
- Identify the marginalized and elderly to target resources
- Target food, sanitation, and economic aid for those who are quarantined
- Deploy commodities to rural areas and ensure coverage
- Deploy WHO FFX protocol with digital map and navigation support
MASS DRUG ADMINISTRATION
- Map communities prior to receiving MDA
- Guide field workers to target houses
- Capture data on head of household and family members
- Follow-up precisely
- Control neglected tropical diseases and other infectious diseases
- Support seasonal malaria chemoprevention applications
- Map residential areas prior to community immunization campaigns
- Guide field workers to target houses and achieve last mile coverage
- Mark number of people vaccinated in each household
- Visualize gaps in community immunization coverage
- Follow up for booster vaccines when they are due
FOCI INVESTIGATION FOR MALARIA ELIMINATION
- Define foci boundaries and population at risk
- Track malaria case data
- Map larval habitat and other factors
- Record and map intervention activity
- Document for malaria elimination certification